Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My First Wordpress Theme

My task for today is to install WordPress into XAMPP. When you say install it means that i will be the one to set up the database as well as the access rights in wpconfig. For the one who does not use Wordpress, wp-config is where you initialize some default values in order for the wordpress site connect to your database in my case to the localhost.

After i setup the database and wpconfig a random password will be given to you in order for you to login at the admin page. After that I explore some functionality in the admin site like how to post, how to change the theme, settings of your account and etc.. Then after that I started making my own wordpress theme.

Making a theme is not simple as 'A' 'B' 'C'. First you'll think for you concept, how the post are arrange, color combination of the text and links, background color and image and etc. I made my theme "GRASSy" because of some reason that the title of my page ("when the blog begin") is somehow translated on how a grass grow, "wala lng, ala lng maisip" . So here it is, a simple wordpress theme.

No comments: